maandag 22 december 2008

TRUE. today

Just had the annual Christmas dinner of my wife's employer. Good food, as always, and nice people. But the best came before and after. Arriving fairly late, we ran into one of the invitees, talked about the lurking recession (which did not worry him, having saved a little and rather offered opportunities) before he politely inquired about my activities. He was visibly surprised by my ambition and perseverence in combination with my age. Several hours later, after thanking the hosts for the evening and wishing them happy holidays, he came to see me again. He held my hand firmly for it seemed minutes, the other on my shoulder and told me that my story stayed on his mind during all seven courses, that he was truly impressed and offered me his support if I needed 'a push' any time in the future.

In the course of the evening my mystery friend had said the same to my wife, who knew him and told me that he was listed in the Dutch Quote 100. Merry Christmas!

I thought about the option of a third party investor. I will continue to run my own course, but it sure feels good to know there is a spectator prepared to push.

Geen opmerkingen: