donderdag 10 juli 2008

TRUE. today

Walter's message did not really come as a shock. Although the last flowers I had seen were TRUE.ly beautiful again, there did not seem to be any in the last few weeks. I assumed that again there were quality problems. Two days ago, I received photos from Jan Ooms (Roses and Blooms) affirming this: blackening, burnt edges.

Walter, Qualisa's Dutch general manager, told that initially, the measures taken in the production had shown improved quality, but when the weather changed (very low temperatures in the early mornings), the problems had started again. 90% of the flowers were not TRUE. The goal of 50%, set for 1 September next, seems beyond reach. Two years of trying, ups and downs, enthusiasm and disappointment. I feel sorry for the people at the farm, José Luis and his team in the post-harvest, Miss Da Vinci (as we named her) with a big smile holding a bunch of TRUE. roses.

My only hope now is with Excellence in Colombia. The fate of TRUE. in the hands of Pablo and his technical manager Luis Ernesto, the master of red. Their confidence and professionalism prevent me from panicing. Still, I instantly asked them for an update and pictures. Latinos, so I have to be a little patient. Two days, so I will call them tonight.

Geen opmerkingen: